Went to the Brewers-Twins game last night.Â Few odd, but notable experiences.
- Gabe Gross batting leadoff.Â Nothing like seeing a guy barely batting over .200 coming up to start out the order – his “praise Jesus” music blasting and all.
- I should have asked to trade my Paul Molitor bobblehead for a Boof Bonser one.
- Torii Hunter hit a grand slam to help cap off an ugly night of pitching for the Brewers.
- There was a fight in our section that got the attention of about 1,000 people for a full half inning.
- I think this was the first non-opening day, non-Cubs game I’ve been to with a near sellout (44k+ fans).Â There was another game like that I remember, when McGuire was nearing 62, but Bug Selig has since erased my official memory of that event.
- Young teenage couple behind us created the most memorable portion of the evening.Â Kid and his girlfriend (she had to be barely pushing 16) sat down a row behind us.Â Girl was mega drunk when she got there.Â Passed out for a while.Â Kid made mention of “if you’re gonna puke, let me know.”Â Stuff started coming out of her nose.Â Guy in my group told kid to “get her the hell out of here.”Â Kid started to, but then she wanted to sit down again.Â Guy again said “Get her the fuck out of here now.”Â They got up – she blew massive amounts of chunks.Â A guy IN FRONT OF US got sprayed all over his back.Â 2 rows of puke flying.Â Most impressive part, it didn’t land on us.Â Nice arc.
- Brewers lost – after the vomit, the rest of the game was a depressing blur of strikeouts and weak grounders back to the pitcher.
- We’ll for better luck at the game Sunday.